Microbit module

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chillininvt

Microbit module

Post by chillininvt »

Well I got a mirco:bit just to play around with and see what it was capable of doing. I tried using micropython on the device, but to me micropython period kind of reminds me of a primitive programming language. Than after using micropython I couldn't use bluetooth without first flashing the chip with a javascript bin. The one feature that I do like about this device is that I can pair it on my phone very easily and flash the chip with the bluetooth, and write a new code onto it out in the woods somewhere.
So essentially I've found this device useful to me because plug in a micro usb to TTL adapter that I built. Now I have a wireless device that I can hook up and send TTL data out from my cell phone. That I can use with a programming language that has evolved from more primative languages. However, as far as learning is concerned I would teach people to use this with micropython. Javascript is good for people like me who already been working with javascript for 15 years and don't know anything about microcontrollers) Well I haven't built it yet but I have it built in theory right now. It makes learning the microcontroller easy for me because it is described to me in a language that I already understand. I don't use block editors but I can't wait to hand code some javascript onto here.
I just ordered a circuit playground board and wondering what I can program that board in javascript as well, I can also program in C language but as a web developer I've spent a lot more time programming in Javascript, or php.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”