I need a bunch of help I'm just starting and I have some que

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Mpochiro

I need a bunch of help I'm just starting and I have some que

Post by Mpochiro »

Ok so first off with this video https://youtu.be/IS2uS_aWTHw

So this talks about making a anything a type of conduction speaker.

A couple of questions and again I'm a complete novice so forgive my ignorance

1. If you were to place the conductive speaker onto skin would it send any harmful amount of electricity through you? I don't believe it will but why not ask right?

2. Of it is safe to have contact with will your hand for instance contain the conduction to the point that you could put it up to your ear and hear the music coming out of it?

3. If 1&2 pass and are safe and compatible, would then you be able to hook up a Bluetooth receiver so you could send sound remotely so you wouldn't have to rely on a headphone jack to supply sound data.

4. How would you wire that and what parts would be necessary if everything is compatable and safe?

5. Lastly has this been done yet to anyone's knowledge?

I thank you for your help in advance.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: I need a bunch of help I'm just starting and I have some

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

1 & 2 - all of the electrical current is confined to the coil in the device. There is no shock or electrocution danger.
3 - 5 - Yes, it should be possible to transmit and play Bluetooth audio with the appropriate components. However, at this time we do not offer any Bluetooth modules that support Audio. If you search the web, you can probably find some.

Mpochiro

Post by Mpochiro »

Thank you so much you have answered the most important question about safety, now my follow up question that I have been pondering since I posted, I could get a Bluetooth receiver in there, but I wonder if I could in theory set up a microphone as well so it would be able to transmit like a phone call. Would the blue tooth chip have to have some kind of supporting feature or would that have to be a different setup entirely?

Thank you again for all your help

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I'm sure that is possible. But you would need to start with Bluetooth modules that have audio capability. At this time, none of our Bluetooth modules support audio.

marine_hm

Post by marine_hm »

I have made many BT speakers with BT Audio receiver. This is the best one I've found and the best supplier for that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12v-24v-car-blu ... 5d5dfcd576

And NO, I didn't get shocked playing around with the conduction speaker. Placed it on my forehead, behind the ear. All my friends had to play with it. I played with it until the wires fell off, then I couldn't repair it. The wires were so tiny, at the time all I had was a CHEAP soldering iron. Now I have Hakko! But I have mangled the speaker. I have an eye on the Medium size one. Someday... just not right now.

Mpochiro

Post by Mpochiro »

I was digging around and hats the module that I found so I'm glad that others have had success with it, once I get some funds I'm going to be purchasing everything for it. Would you have any idea how to possibly add a microphone onto it somehow?

Mpochiro

Post by Mpochiro »

Also how loud would you say the one unit was? Or how many units did you use and how loud did it make the intended target?

marine_hm

Post by marine_hm »

Mpochiro wrote:Also how loud would you say the one unit was? Or how many units did you use and how loud did it make the intended target?
This is what I started with and still use:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAM8610-2-15W-D ... 5d598c51b5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-3-inch-8oh ... 1c51e8e6f7

But I just purchased these speakers which is why I want to try out the MAX9744 20W AMP
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-3-Full-Rang ... 2577222674

Plenty LOUD with the 5W waterproof speakers. I like the waterproof speakers because they're clear and I put blue LEDs behind them for ambient light. Looks pretty cool.

Mpochiro

Post by Mpochiro »

Thanks marine_hm I was looking to use the bone conduction speakers, are those bone conduction?

marine_hm

Post by marine_hm »

Mpochiro wrote:Thanks marine_hm I was looking to use the bone conduction speakers, are those bone conduction?
Sorry, NO. Hold on a minute. Trying to find my youtube video with the bone conductor speaker . Dang, sorry, No. It got deleted. Must have been too booring!

marine_hm

Post by marine_hm »

Mpochiro wrote:Would you have any idea how to possibly add a microphone onto it somehow?
Looking at the back of the BT audio board. There is a MIC+ and MIC-. Vendor assures me it works.

Mpochiro

Post by Mpochiro »

So theoretically I could attach a mic to it, but would it be able to send info back to the Bluetooth source? I'm supposing that would be the function built it... man I'm going to have to get all of this stuff now haha it's like $150 for everything I want to do

marine_hm

Post by marine_hm »

I also tried this BT audio board. It was cheap and no fuss. I just didn't like the voice of the Asian girl and feeble attempt at speaking english. "Your bluetooth device is ah con neckted".
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X3W-Bluetooth- ... 2079978376

No mic connection!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”