RFİD READER FOR NFC WRISTS (AS SMALL AS IT COULD BE)

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ledzep

RFİD READER FOR NFC WRISTS (AS SMALL AS IT COULD BE)

Post by ledzep »

Hello,

I have a project where RFID/NFC reader for wrists should be combined along with LED lights and may be supports wireless. NFC wrists are Mifare Class 1K (7UID type). We need to make this device(s) as small as it can be. Also, there are some nice to have features. I would like to completely figure out what kind of devices are required based on requirements. Here are my thoughts:

1. Some kind of board (e.g. Arduino) or any other device which supports NFC reader
2. NFC/RFID reader to read Mifare Classic 1K
3. Two or more LED lights as signaling of the actions (red "can't read", blue "its OK" etc).
4. Wireless board (preferable the same board where RFID reader is connected) which can transmit information over the network when wrists read and removed (nice to have)
5. Distance to read Mifare up to 10 sm.
6. One (or max two) ports relay connected to a board.
7. Not less important question for me is to how to power up this solution. Since there are not enough space, I'm afraid that 12V adapter will not fit. Is there any another ideas to powering devices considering nfc reader, board, led lights? May be there is some 220V to 12V on board converter for this purpose?
8. Some kind of box to put everything inside.

The main aim to make device as small as it's possible since there is limited space for installation. I will be appreciate for suggestions, specific models, links on adafruit regarding devices, anything that could help me to make this picture clear for me.

Thanks.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: RFİD READER FOR NFC WRISTS (AS SMALL AS IT COULD BE)

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The only NFC devices we have are the PN532 breakout and Arduino Shield:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/364
https://www.adafruit.com/product/789

Making an NFC receiver smaller will hurt its performance. The strength of the antenna is proportional to the area enclosed by the loop. Making a loop's diameter 50% smaller costs you 75% of its inductance.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”