Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

shock generator
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

shock generator

by fphs13501 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:15 pm

I am an experimental psychologist and I plan to create a demonstration of classical conditioning using Arduino. I will condition swallowtail caterpillars because they have this odd response: they raise their antennae (osmeterial eversion) when threatened. Most demonstrations of classical conditioning are not visible--Pavlov's iconic experiment used salivation-- but this swallowtail reflex is very visible. Using Arduino I am planning to use a vibration to signal a shock. I have a motor to produce a vibration but need a device or circuit to generate a small shock as a threat to produce the eversion response. I've seen a few shock-generating devices but they seem very complicated. Any suggestions? Thanks

fphs13501

Re: shock generator

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:02 pm

(moved to General Project help)

It might help if you could provide a little more detail about what type of shock you are trying to generate. Voltage? Current? Duration? Although most of us know what might be shocking to a human, I don't think many of us have any caterpillar shocking experience.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.