📬❄️📦Adafruit Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2019: Please place all UPS 3 Day orders by 11am ET Friday December 13 📬❄️📦

Data from a logic analyzer..... Can anyone help decipher?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Data from a logic analyzer..... Can anyone help decipher?

by djsashaz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:42 pm

OK, total newb here... I'm trying to identify the data thats being sent to modem via a serial data connection.... I can see some plain text here, I can identify the ata commands being sent to the modem, I can also see some plain text urls. Anyone have any ideas where, how and what to do next??

Thanks in advance

S
Attachments
data.rar
(193.59 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
djsashaz

Re: Data from a logic analyzer..... Can anyone help decipher?

by uberscientist on Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Whatcha trying to do? Get free tv?
uberscientist

by djsashaz on Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:36 pm

HAHA, sort of.... What I'm trying to do actually is bypass the need to connect my receiver to the telephone line. I have a legit service and I was trying to see if I could some how trick the receiver in authorizing purchases. Back in the day when I was into programming sat cards (no big names mentioned) we used to clear PPV's that were stored on the card. The way it used to be done was, they gave you a buffer, say $100 on the card before it called home, when you reached your limit it called home it uploaded all the data needed to send you a bill. Now from that I see it doesn't do that anymore. It calls in every time for every purchase. At least with the box that I'm testing with it does. So yeah I guess your right trying to get something for free ;) I can see a URL in the data, but it seems to me that its a local intranet cuz it cant be pinged or accessed via local methods.

Any ideas?
djsashaz

by uberscientist on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:51 pm

Sounds like a complex(fun) project! :)
What's the hex mean in the formatted files, time codes? (ie [0x0d])
Do the files go back and forth, like TX then RX then TX2 then RX2

I'm not very smart tho, sooooo probably won't be able to help.......

What kind of logic analyzer do you use? I've never really seen one, and this kind of data seems really neat :O
uberscientist

by djsashaz on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:59 pm

I though it should have gone back and forth like that, but I can see duplicated items in the main TX file. That hex you refer to is "enter".

The rx2 and tx2 is just another snippet of code that I grabbed.

I use the logic analyzer is from http://www.saleae.com/logic/ I like it and the guy that owns the site was awesome in helping me determine if I should use a logic analyzer or a bus pirate.

I'm still looking for help if anyone is out there?

S
djsashaz

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.