๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช ๐Ÿšš Adafruit will not be shipping USPS orders Monday January 20, 2020 ๐Ÿ—“. Expedited USPS orders placed after 11am ET ๐Ÿ•š Friday January 17 will go out Tuesday January 21 ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช๐Ÿšš

How do I put code on a chip.....
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

How do I put code on a chip.....

by djsashaz on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:46 pm

LOL, I know its a funny question, but I'm a newb. I tried googling and I must be putting the wrong question in but I was wondering how do I put code on a chip?

See I have an idea, in vague, but I want to make a one way access device. I want to have my device automaticly generate a 8 digit code in memory, hold that regardless of power state, and wait for an input from a key pad, if the number matches what is in memory, it accepts the code trigers a few realys and then generates another code ready for action again.

Any ideas on where I can start? Since I dont know much I was thinking to get my self a arduino start pack to get my juices flowing and try to teach my self how to make something like this.

Thanks in advance......

S

Oh yeah check out my cheesy blog if you feel bored. http://www.juxed.ca
djsashaz

Re: How do I put code on a chip.....

by The_Don125 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:32 pm

Typically, you'll need a programmer, and what kind of programmer you'll need will depend on what kind of chip you are using, so the first question is, what chip are you trying to use?
The_Don125

by adafruit on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:25 pm

adafruit

by djsashaz on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:56 pm

That's an awesome tutorial.... I just went through the first bit, but I'm stoked.... Thanks a bunch.. :) I'll be sure to show you my completed project.
djsashaz

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.