How do I put code on a chip.....
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

How do I put code on a chip.....

by djsashaz on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:46 pm

LOL, I know its a funny question, but I'm a newb. I tried googling and I must be putting the wrong question in but I was wondering how do I put code on a chip?

See I have an idea, in vague, but I want to make a one way access device. I want to have my device automaticly generate a 8 digit code in memory, hold that regardless of power state, and wait for an input from a key pad, if the number matches what is in memory, it accepts the code trigers a few realys and then generates another code ready for action again.

Any ideas on where I can start? Since I dont know much I was thinking to get my self a arduino start pack to get my juices flowing and try to teach my self how to make something like this.

Thanks in advance......

S

Oh yeah check out my cheesy blog if you feel bored. http://www.juxed.ca
djsashaz

Re: How do I put code on a chip.....

by The_Don125 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:32 pm

Typically, you'll need a programmer, and what kind of programmer you'll need will depend on what kind of chip you are using, so the first question is, what chip are you trying to use?
The_Don125

by adafruit on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:25 pm

adafruit

by djsashaz on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:56 pm

That's an awesome tutorial.... I just went through the first bit, but I'm stoked.... Thanks a bunch.. :) I'll be sure to show you my completed project.
djsashaz

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.