no audio

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sweetm769

no audio

Post by sweetm769 »

Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board

I have set up wav files with this format T01NEXT0.wav thru T01NEXT8.wav we are only going to use one button but none of them will play I did try the test files and they work what am I doing wrong with my wav files please help

adafruit_support_mike

Re: no audio

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Post a photo showing your hardware and connections and we'll take a look. 800x600 images usually work best.

sweetm769

Post by sweetm769 »

here is a link to a video about are problem https://youtu.be/2JFgpExCyn8

adafruit_support_mike

The camera was pointed away from the FX Board when you pressed the switch to play a track on pin 1. Did the red 'Act' LED light when you pressed the button?

Also, could you post a screenshot showing the contents of the FX Board's filesystem when you have it connected to the computer with a USB cable please?

adaboyfruit

Post by adaboyfruit »

As your recent problem with .wav files points back to this post I will post here.

Since the test files are working fine with your unit but your downloaded .wav files are not, the problem might be due to them not being converted to the right format.
Personally I use Audacity as its free and open source software. Here is the relevant guild from here on Adafruit that shows how to convert your .wav files for use on the
audio fx board.
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-aud ... udio-files

ALSO: try .WAV rather than .wav the board is very particular about spelling and capitalization.

sweetm769

Post by sweetm769 »

to adafruit_support_mike There is no red light when we try are files there is one with the file that came with the chip here is a copy of the directory as you requested
adafruit files orf.GIF
adafruit files orf.GIF (78.62 KiB) Viewed 373 times
to adoboyfruit thank you for the info I downloaded Audacity so I could convert my files from 32 bit to 16 bit but it still did not work :( I also tried naming them with WAV instead wav still did not work I am tempted to try converting them to ogg files but I am not sure what else to try

adafruit_support_mike

What settings are you using for the WAV encoding? The VS1000 can't handle some of the higher bitrate formats.

Also, try emptying the Recycle Bin while the FX Board is connected to the computer. Throwing away files doesn't actually delete them from the file tree, and the VS1000 isn't smart enough to know about the hidden directories where files are stored before they're actually deleted.

sweetm769

Post by sweetm769 »

I am not real familiar on how to edit but what I did is I took the file I had and adjusted it is 16 bit which the lowest it will let me chose and made 16000hz I did one in stero and one in mono and nether worked the test files have those settings I am not sure what I am doing wrong they started out as 32bit. Please Mr. Mike or adaboyfruit, I'm just a women trying everything to help my mother get her sound board working for her wheel chair.I Thank you very much for all the help you folks have been giving me and I hope to get this fixed or working.

adafruit_support_mike

Sorry for the delay.

Do the audio tracks play on your computer, and will the FX Board play them if you rename them for simple triggers on some other pin (T02.WAV)?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”