Finding the correct op amp
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: Finding the correct op amp

by jlamoree on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:21 pm

@fat16lib: The 14-pin version of the chip doesn't appear to be available until late this year. I ordered a couple of the 8-pin chips. I need to find the a breakout board to which I can mount it. Where did you get the one in your photo? If that's easy to come by, I'm going that route.

@Zener: D'oh! I was reading that gain chart backwards. I should have been looking at the 100x model. I already ordered a couple of the 20x version. So, I guess I'll have a lot of data to report. :)

Thanks again.

-joseph

jlamoree

Re: Finding the correct op amp

by fat16lib on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:04 am

I use a lot of SOIC parts so I get adapters from a seller, "patnsh" on Ebay. Search for "8 Pin SOIC To DIP PCB Adapter / Converter (GOLD PLATED)". He sells them in units of 15 for $17.99 plus $5 shipping.

If you just want one or two you can get them from sparkfun http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=494 for $2.95 each.

I like patnsh's adapter since it is smaller, about the size of a real 8 pin DIP.

I got the 14 pin part directly from Microchip as samples. Three cost $7.50 including shipping. I have a consulting business but I think almost anyone can get them.
fat16lib

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.