Push button Power Switch
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Push button Power Switch

by Rybags on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:40 am

Adafruit Push - button Power Switch Breakout & Adafruit DS3231 Precision RTC Breakout

Hi, I was wondering if i can use the SQW Pin from the Adafruit DS3231 on the push-button breakout board to power my battery operated project to give me very low standy usage, i was thinking of connecting the SQW pin to the high side of the tactile switch to pullup the SQW then it would power the output once triggered to ground, as well as using the push-button can you see any issues with this? and it would make a great addition to the future boards having this rtc en pin too for the high power drain esp's. thx

Rybags

Re: Push button Power Switch

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:20 am

The Push Button Power Switch will only turn on when you press the button. The DS3231's SQW signal would only be able to turn it off.

The timing between those two would be unpredictable.

Are you looking for a circuit that turns itself off after a certain amount of time, or a circuit that turns on at regular intervals?

adafruit_support_mike

by Rybags on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:15 am

hi Mike thanks for your response i am looking for a curcuit that will start from a button push, power the micro and "periphials" like the push button power switch does, but also being able to use the rtc to wake through the SQW at set times as well, taking avantage of the mosfet control to reduce power standby to next to nothing like your button push circuit does sorry about the confusion, i was trying to find a way to intergrate the two.

Rybags

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:48 pm

Take a look at the TPL5110 breakout and see if that fits your requirements:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/3435

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.