Rasberry PI 3 starter kit and the Noob operating system vs.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Rasberry PI 3 starter kit and the Noob operating system vs.

by SeattleZelda on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:48 pm

I am interested in finding a versatile operating system for my Rasberry Pi 3 that I am getting for Christmas. What I want to do is program the Rasberry Pi 3 with python, and then I want to create a user interface with either Makey Makey or Bare Conductive paint, where I would create open circuits, that when closed communicate to the Rasberry Pi 3 to out put in a display some pre-programmed information. Such as an example of mathematical or scientific modeling related to the art or painting with the conductive paint. If you need more detail let me know. What is the best operati g system for the Rasberry Pi that I should buy?

SeattleZelda

Re: Rasberry PI 3 starter kit and the Noob operating system

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:26 am

You don't need to buy an OS. Raspbian can do all of that and is free to download:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

adafruit_support_mike

by SeattleZelda on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Does the python library the Rasberry Pi 3 Model B comes with include the Python molecular modeling library? That is ultimately what I would like to do is create interactive works that when interacted with display a molecular modeling image or motion of a molecular model, etc. Is there an add on to the basic library included with the Rasberry Pi 3 for python... Or other suggestions?

SeattleZelda

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

I've never heard of that library before, but if it's available for download you can install it.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.