Pigrrl zero screen change Christmas gift
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Pigrrl zero screen change Christmas gift

by Diehard4077 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:51 am

I was wondering if https://www.adafruit.com/product/2298 can be used as a "drop-in" replacement for the original screen in the pigrrl zero kit. Or if I have to change the pins for any of the buttons and/or do anything different then just use the provided image software. If so any guidance would be extremely helpful please and thank you

Diehard4077

Re: Pigrrl zero screen change Christmas gift

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:51 pm

All of the PiTFTs use the same GPIO pins and the same driver. You can swap them.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Pigrrl zero screen change Christmas gift

by Diehard4077 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:29 pm

I'm now getting a white screen i do know the flash is good as i have a built up pigrrl zero with the original screen. i do not know what to do currently.

EDIT: more information pad for pin 2 on the inner rail lifted by me..then torn off.. I used (I believe) awg 23 wire to go from pad 4 inner rail to pin 2 on the outer rail as they seem to be all on the same trace same i do not know if that is causing the issue as this was done before i soldered the pi to the screen

And i also found that pin 19 and 20 on the pi are shorted i do not know if this is by design any input would be valuable as i have to bring it into work on Sunday night and get one of the other plr/aoi operators i work with to hot air the pi off of the screen pins so i can see the damage i may have caused... XD

Diehard4077

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.