Replacing a Li ion battery with 9v's
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Replacing a Li ion battery with 9v's

by ProfOak on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:07 pm

I have an old Fuji Mp4 player (VM3310 black) that I've decided to dig up and I'm replacing my battery for this reason:

Image Image

As you can see this battery will not work anymore, and is potentially dangerous... I think?

Now there are a few things wrong with it: Headphones jack doesn't work, missing a speaker, other speaker doesn't work (maybe a similar problem for those things) but currently I just want it to power on. I've tried touching wires with a 9v connector (battery connected) and it works, but it doesn't show full battery.

I need to know how to find the right voltage needed to bring it to full before I solder anything. Are there any ways to go about doing that?

Edit: No I did not tape it. Apparently they tape it on the assembly line.
ProfOak

Re: Replacing a Li ion battery with 9v's

by adafruit on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:42 pm

go buy a replacement 3.6v or 3.7 cell phone battery, the kind that are enclosed, then connect it up so that + and - are wired as they were with the old battery
the old battery is about to leak toxic fluid everywhere. whatever you did (probably charged it wrong) dont do it again.

adafruit

Re: Replacing a Li ion battery with 9v's

by ProfOak on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Actually, I left it in a drawer for a while. When I went for it, it was like that. I'm not sure what happened, but it was probably due to heat. That's about all I can guess.
ProfOak

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.