Pigrrl 2 Screen Problem

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Heidi42

Pigrrl 2 Screen Problem

Post by Heidi42 »

I've been working on the Pigrrl 2 project (I ordered the kit) and have everything soldered now. I tried testing everything before but it in the case but ran into a problem. Nothing shows on the screen and it makes a screeching sound from the speaker. I reloaded the sd card to make sure the files weren't a problem and started desoldered components to narrow down the problem. It seems to be in the screen because the Pi and battery board light up properly until the screen is plugged in, then the blue battery light turns off and the charging board gets hot. I tried testing the screen with the Pi by itself plugged into usb power and the Pi shows it has power but the screen does nothing. I disconnected the trace for the backlight as was suggested in the guide but put a temporary solder bridge back on for testing. So far it still seems to do nothing, not even a backlight. Is there anything else I should try or is the screen just dead for some reason? I've checked my soldering and everything seems to work up until the screen.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Pigrrl 2 Screen Problem

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Post a photo showing your hardware and connections and we'll take a look. 800x600 images usually work best.

Heidi42

Post by Heidi42 »

Nevermind, I have it fixed now. A transistor wasn't working but it is replaced now. After the transistor was replaced everything started working.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Glad to hear you got it working. Happy hacking!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”