TB6612 Motor Driver

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Electronics189

TB6612 Motor Driver

Post by Electronics189 »

Hi all,

I am working on a robot and am using the Adafruit TB6612 motor drivers to control my dc motors. However, I have been having a lot of trouble with the wiring of the motor drivers. The documentation is not clear at all and the pictures aren't helpful either. I am trying to power 12v dc motors with a 11.1V hobby grade lipo battery. I have been trying to wire up with motor driver, but every time I plug in the power from the battery, the motor driver shorts immediately and gets fried. I've burned through about 5 motor drivers and am extremely frustrated with the lack of documentation. I would like some help with the wiring of the motor drivers. All the signal pins I understand, but an explanation/tutorial of how to use the VCC, GND, VM, VMotor + and -, and the GND next to the motor inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks

adafruit_support_mike

Re: TB6612 Motor Driver

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The pin connections are described on the Pinouts page of the tutorial:

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tb6 ... ut/pinouts

As long as you aren't accidentally connecting the motor power backwards, the next most common reason for a failure is too much current through the motor coils. What are the electrical specs for the motors you're using?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”