adafruit audio fx sound board

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dewfish

Re: adafruit audio fx sound board

Post by dewfish »

I renamed a file .zip. and when I pressed 'add the file', It told me the extension wav is not allowed.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Hmm. It's acting like it's still seeing file.wav and not file.zip. What did you rename the file to?

dewfish

Post by dewfish »

I renamed the file .zip. Just like you told me to, which is what I told you I named it in my last email. Is that correct or not ?

adafruit_support_carter

Should work. It's weird that it still says "extension wav is not allowed". How is it seeing wav? Try another extension, like .txt.

dewfish

Post by dewfish »

That doesn't work either. When I choose a file I can see the file name next to Choose File. It says .txt.wav even though i didn't type wav onto the file name. Once I click ADD THE FILE, I can see the upload % increasing to 100% but then it says in red The extension wav is not allowed There must be some other way of sending it to you.

I just noticed when I selected my file to send, It still says 1411 kbps. When I converted each file from MP3 to WAV, using that conversion site you sent me the link for, I specifically selected 16 kbps for every file. Why then is it telling me each file is 1141 kbps ? Maybe this is why it's still not reading the files. How can I fix this ?

adafruit_support_carter

Here is one of the MP3's converted to WAV. It is not a zip file. Just download it and change the extension to .wav. See if you can get it to play.
Thank goodness.zip
(411.88 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
You'll also need to change the filename to match one one of the triggering schemes.

dewfish

Post by dewfish »

What do you mean by change the extension to .wav. ?

dewfish

Post by dewfish »

When I tried to download that file, it wont download. A box pops up and says The compressed (zipped) folder Thank goodness.zip is invalid.

adafruit_support_carter

Save the file to your computer somehow, so that you have a file named Thank goodness.zip. Once downloaded, rename the file to Thank goodness.wav. Then you can try to use it with the sound board.

dewfish

Post by dewfish »

That file is saved on my laptop but it won't download. You say it's not a zip file but I get the impression that it won't download because it is. when I click on extract all a box pops up telling me the folder is empty. I'm not sure what to do. Can I ask why a forum that deals with WAV files all the time, doesn't allow WAV files to be sent ?

dewfish

Post by dewfish »

That file is saved on my laptop but it won't download. You say it's not a zip file but I get the impression that it won't download because it is. when I click on extract all a box pops up telling me the folder is empty. I'm not sure what to do. Can I ask why a forum that deals with WAV files all the time, doesn't allow WAV files to be sent ?

adafruit_support_carter

Can I ask why a forum that deals with WAV files all the time, doesn't allow WAV files to be sent ?
It's to help mitigate malicious postings from bots.

Maybe if the extension was something different? Here's the same thing but with a .txt extension.
Thank goodness.txt
(411.88 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

dewfish

Post by dewfish »

Ok so that seems to have downloaded ok, when I open it, it's just a whole heap of gibberish letters and symbols. Do I now rename it one of the trigger names and transfer it to the soundboard ?

adafruit_support_carter

Correct. It's not a text file. It is a binary wav file. So it will look like gibberish in a text editor.

But it sounds like you got it downloaded OK. So, yes, rename it to one of the trigger specific names and see if it will play.

dewfish

Post by dewfish »

Still no luck, I tried it using T05RAND0.WAV on trigger 5 then I renamed the file T00.WAV and tried trigger 0 and still nothing.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”