adafruit audio fx sound board
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: adafruit audio fx sound board

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:23 pm

I'm not sure why it's not working. The fact that you were able to get the demo tracks to work indicates the board works. I can get that file to play on the Aduio FX board here, so the file and WAV format are OK.

As another way to sanity check the file you downloaded - can you get it to play on your PC?

adafruit_support_carter

by dewfish on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:57 pm

To get the other wav files to play, I just double clicked on them and the windows media player box popped up and automatically started playing the file. When I double clicked on that last file, a large box popped up with all that mumbo jumbo in it, but nothing played. maybe there's some other way to get it to play on my pc that i'm not aware of ?
I'm going to try the test files again to make sure everything is still ok.

dewfish

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:02 pm

I think it might have something to do with how I'm trying to get the WAV file to you. If it's not playing on your PC, then it's not getting downloaded correctly. I'd say keep working on the process on your end to see if you can figure out how to make your own clips.

adafruit_support_carter

by dewfish on Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:58 pm

I discovered the last time I converted MP3 files into WAV via online-convert.com, that although I was choosing 16 mbps, it wasn't doing it at that. I found that I needed to choose 8 bit, 1000 Hz for it to end up being 16 mbps. This still didn't work tho, is there anything in advanced settings i need to change ? What settings did you choose to get the C-3PO phrase to play on your soundboard ? Would the mono or stereo setting make a difference ?

dewfish

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:41 pm

I used Audacity:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audacity_(audio_editor)
which provides more direct control over the output format. For specifics, I just went with what is here:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-aud ... udio-files
Spoiler alert: you'll need to make a small, 22Khz (or lower), 16 bit PCM, mono .wav file!

adafruit_support_carter

by dewfish on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:31 pm

Ok, so I've downloaded that converter and converted my sound files, saved them on my laptop to be sent to the soundboard. I double clicked on the converted saved file and let it play. The voice is so slow and drawn out, is this normal or should it sound like the unconverted file did ?

dewfish

by adafruit_support_carter on Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:54 pm

It should sound like the initial file. It did for me with the C3P0 test file I used.

adafruit_support_carter

by dewfish on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:36 am

Did you use windows 7 or did you do it on a Mac. I read somewhere it won't work using Windows 7, it can only go as low as 32 bit from what I understood. Maybe that's what happened to me, i'm not sure. I feel like i'm talking to someone different every time i get a response here. I get told to convert files using the link to one site, then get told to use a different site later on. Why is this soundboard so hard to use, it's driving me nuts.

dewfish

by dewfish on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:49 am

I just right clicked on the newly converted files that I did at 22 Hertz and 16 Bits, and its saying they are all 705 kbps, would this be why the files are playing slow ? Why would they be 705kbps when I did them at 16kbps, this happened on that other conversion site too. I had to set it to 8 kbps to bet 16 kbps. Is there anyone in Perth Australia I can get to look into all of this for me because this back and forth on here is doing my head in ?

dewfish

by dewfish on Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:56 am

Why are you ignoring me now ? You didn't answer my question about windows 7. Am I abel to use window 7 or not ?

dewfish

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:36 pm

I wouldn't think there would be any issue using Win 7. I was using linux, but the wav file creation is basically a software thing. The OS shouldn't limit it.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.