Which setup do I need?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Which setup do I need?

by Bhughes on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:34 am

Hello, I am brand new to this world and quiet frankly know nothing much of it. I do have a project that I am needing assistance with, i would like to run off a raspberry pi if possible i will need it to give standard compass directions, a temperature read out ( up to 400 degrees if possible), battery level and a thermal image. This unit would have to be as small as possible with a screen size under two inches, be rechargeable battery powered with a life of at least an hour. If this is possible could someone point me in the right direction or post the components i would need to make this work.
Thanks in advance.

Bhughes

Re: Which setup do I need?

by franklin97355 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:23 pm

Perhaps if you were to tell us what this device was to be used for we could give you more specific help. Do you have a maximum size it has to be under or other constraints we need to consider?

franklin97355

Re: Which setup do I need?

by Bhughes on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:45 pm

I am a firefighter and it will be just testing out an idea i have for interior attacks, it will need to be as small as possible with a screen that can be mounted about 8 inches or so from the module and able to be readable close to the face but not take up too much view. It would also need to be able to switch back and forth from the thermal view to the compass with one button.

Bhughes

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.