Grounding question on an Itsy Bitsy M0
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Grounding question on an Itsy Bitsy M0

by justinlkim on Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Everyone,

I originally posted this on the Itsy Bitsy forum, but this may be a better place to ask the question. Apologies to anyone who reads this twice.

I have a very basic question on attaching components to the grounding pin on an Itsy Bitsy M0 (or any other Adafruit microcontroller, for that matter)

This is a fritzing diagram of part of my project:

Diagram.jpg
Diagram.jpg (288.33 KiB) Viewed 111 times

As you can see, I'm using the LiPo backpack and a MAX98357A mono amp. Both are wired into the ground on the M0.

I was thinking about using the extra long header included with the backpack to connect it to the M0 and then solder any other components that need the ground to the header pins that come out the other side of the M0.

I don't see why this would be a problem, given that one routinely attaches multiple components to ground when using a breadboard, but as these waters are uncharted for me, I thought I'd ask before doing anything irreversible.

If anyone's interested in what the project is, I'm adding some lights and sound effects to a Star Trek Discovery phaser. Probably a very ambitious project for someone so new to this, but I figure you have to start somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

justinlkim

Re: Grounding question on an Itsy Bitsy M0

by adafruit_support_bill on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:25 pm

It should not be a problem connecting multiple devices to the same ground pin.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Grounding question on an Itsy Bitsy M0

by justinlkim on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Thanks, Bill!

justinlkim

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.