PiGRRL Zero Build help with boot image
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PiGRRL Zero Build help with boot image

by Violent_danz on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:30 pm

Hello so I have built a PiGRRL Zero using a raspberry pi zero w. Anyway, I found a boot image online that works fine for the "w" version of the pi.

Here is my issue though; in the instructions on how to assemble it, it does say that if you use a pi zero w, you will have to manually setup the sd card for it to work. What I want to know, is what do they mean by manually set it up? I dont understand all of that quite yet but what exactly could I modify in the regular boot image for this pigrrl zero to make it work with the pi zero w? I want to rely on knowing that I can make it work without having to download an image from a 3rd party, I want to know what it takes to make the downloadable img for the pigrrl zero to work on the pi zero w?

Violent_danz

Re: PiGRRL Zero Build help with boot image

by Violent_danz on Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:30 pm

Anyone?

Violent_danz

Re: PiGRRL Zero Build help with boot image

by adafruit_support_mike on Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Manual setup involves installing PiTFT support and all the other pieces onto a plain version of RetroPie.

The preconfigured OS images usually don't work on newer versions of the RasPi. The RasPi Foundation does hardware updates that break back-compatibility with older OS images, so we only keep the preconfigured images for historical purposes.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.