Sync multiple bluetooth speaker and add range.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Sync multiple bluetooth speaker and add range.

by Ibeety on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:37 am

Hello I got an idea while I'm in the park with friends, one of use got his bluetooth speaker playing and we talk some DIYs and it bought our attention to his bluetooth speaker and ask if it's possible to make extend the range like 80-100 ft away and sync more different bluetooth speaker play at once, is this possible with arduino or raspberry pi? Target would be:

1. Extend the bluetooth range up to 80-100 ft.
2. Able to sync different bluetooth speaker.

I know a bit about technology and would love to know if it's possible and would love to hear some guidelines / reference about this.

Thanks.

Ibeety

Re: Sync multiple bluetooth speaker and add range.

by adafruit_support_mike on Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Bluetooth audio is hard to hack.

The BLE protocol isn‘t fast enough to transmit audio data, and the protocol now called Bluetooth-Classic isn’t hacker-friendly. Among other things, every BT-C device has to transmit a vendor ID number, and you can only get one of those by paying a license fee to the BT Working Group.

As a result, you pretty much have to scavenge parts from off-the-shelf products and use whatever firmware they already have.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Sync multiple bluetooth speaker and add range.

by chniyeba on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:01 am

Like the admin said it's hard to hack the protocol for it is not easy, if only BT Working Group will allow to open those VIDs for each device it will be possible but for now I can say buy some cheap bt speaker like aomais sport ii and remove them by parts then start some experimentation, other than that you can also check out on building a class 1 audio source from Pi and use MB64 it's not that expensive plus they offer a development board seen this on one of my peers haven't try it yet but If i'm the one who's doing this project I will probably start on those.

chniyeba

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.