Need advice on best product to buy...
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Need advice on best product to buy...

by brian_matchick on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:21 pm

Hello. I'll try to make this short. I have a 2018 Nissan Rogue with blind spot monitoring radar. It has a chime and also an LED near each side mirror to warn you when a car is in your blind spot. They made the idiotic decision to chime under certain circumstances, while at other times only the LED will light, and they can be difficult to see during a sunny day. It's very frustrating. My last car was a Mazda and it had audio alters all the time, so it's hard to get used to.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a product I can patch into the wires connecting the LEDs so they'll make a sound whenever the light turns on. I can obviously add a power supply to the sound board, but the trigger would need to be something which won't require a lot of current since I have no idea how much the system can handle. I haven't checked the LED voltage or current yet, but want to know what my options might be before I pull the door panel off, etc. Seems like a simple project if I can find the right board.

I hope this is making sense. This seems like the least intrusive way to solve this but I'm open to any suggestion. Why the Nissan engineers thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Brian

brian_matchick

Re: Need advice on best product to buy...

by franklin97355 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:39 pm

Find out what voltage and current you have available and we can make a suggestion. Adding a 12-volt buzzer may be all you need.

franklin97355

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.