another sound board question
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

another sound board question

by JRL on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:39 pm

I bought the sound board with the little amp built in. My problem is, it doesn't remember the volume - defaults to low. So you have to press a button to bring the sound up each time it is powered up. Question is, can I just jump the volume pins so it increases to max every time it's powered up?

It works great, BTW. I don't want to do anything that might damage the board. Bought specifically so i wouldn't need a separate amp - too much power draw. Got a relay and a splitter to make separate bus for 3V and 5V to keep the power as low as possible and because they cause interference on the arduino (good for testing, no good final wiring)

Anyway, it sucks that I have to increase the volume every time. If I jumped those pins what do you think?

Thanks,

JL

(PS: good products, timely delivery - having fun with this stuff!)

JRL

Re: another sound board question

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:46 pm

That probably won't work since it's probably looking for a signal edge to trigger each volume increase. But you can try it if you want and see what happens.

Could you use serial control?
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-aud ... -down-8-20

adafruit_support_carter

by JRL on Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:12 pm

I'm not going to use the arduino unless I decide to add a stepper motor. I just use it for breadboard testing because it has 3 and 5 V outputs.

It's loud enough now - realized the volume of the clips was way too low (ripped off video)

I boosted the volume of the clips using Movie Maker and now they're perfect. Sounds great!

Thanks anyway!

JRL

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:12 pm

The VS1000 does ramp its volume up or down if you hold the +/- pins low.

That detail is buried in the datasheet, but it does work.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.