๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช ๐Ÿšš Adafruit will not be shipping USPS orders Monday October 14, 2019 ๐Ÿ—“. Expedited USPS orders placed after 11am ET ๐Ÿ•š Friday October 11 will go out Tuesday October 15 ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช๐Ÿšš

PERISTALTIC LIQUID PUMP WITH SILICONE TUBING - 12V DC POWER
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PERISTALTIC LIQUID PUMP WITH SILICONE TUBING - 12V DC POWER

by braintrix on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:29 pm

I just recently purchased the PERISTALTIC LIQUID PUMP WITH SILICONE TUBING - 12V DC POWER. It works fine, but I am trying to get some info. The 2 small tubes coming out of the motor are slightly smaller in both ID and OD than the 2 longer tubes attached. They are attached via a barbed connector that expands on one end and reduces on the other. I have searched and I am unable to find these. I would like to use the exact same connectors on the other end of the larger tube to increase the pressure and create more of a jet stream coming out. Do you sell these or if not have any specs that would allow me to order them from elsewhere -- size and distributor?

braintrix

Re: PERISTALTIC LIQUID PUMP WITH SILICONE TUBING - 12V DC PO

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:24 pm

We don't sell them, but you can get them from places likes Grainger:
https://www.grainger.com/search?searchB ... connectors

adafruit_support_carter

Re: PERISTALTIC LIQUID PUMP WITH SILICONE TUBING - 12V DC PO

by braintrix on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:41 pm

I have been to Grainger and US Plastics and a few others. The first problem is that there is no spec sheet for the tubes that came with the pump. The short tube that comes out of the pump has a smaller ID and OD than the longer tubing that it is connected to, hence it uses an expander/reducer instead of just a regular connector. I read somewhere that the ID of one of the tubes is 2mm, but I don't know which tube that is -- the smaller or larger tube. Furthermore it is almost impossible to find anyone that sells a 2mm ID connector or expander/reducer or the "inches" equivalent.

Is it possible to ask the supplier of the part what the specs are on the expander/reducer provided? FYI: places like US Plastic have $100 min order so its not economical to buy a few that may fit to try out.

braintrix

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.