PERISTALTIC LIQUID PUMP WITH SILICONE TUBING - 12V DC POWER
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PERISTALTIC LIQUID PUMP WITH SILICONE TUBING - 12V DC POWER

by braintrix on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:29 pm

I just recently purchased the PERISTALTIC LIQUID PUMP WITH SILICONE TUBING - 12V DC POWER. It works fine, but I am trying to get some info. The 2 small tubes coming out of the motor are slightly smaller in both ID and OD than the 2 longer tubes attached. They are attached via a barbed connector that expands on one end and reduces on the other. I have searched and I am unable to find these. I would like to use the exact same connectors on the other end of the larger tube to increase the pressure and create more of a jet stream coming out. Do you sell these or if not have any specs that would allow me to order them from elsewhere -- size and distributor?

braintrix

Re: PERISTALTIC LIQUID PUMP WITH SILICONE TUBING - 12V DC PO

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:24 pm

We don't sell them, but you can get them from places likes Grainger:
https://www.grainger.com/search?searchB ... connectors

adafruit_support_carter

Re: PERISTALTIC LIQUID PUMP WITH SILICONE TUBING - 12V DC PO

by braintrix on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:41 pm

I have been to Grainger and US Plastics and a few others. The first problem is that there is no spec sheet for the tubes that came with the pump. The short tube that comes out of the pump has a smaller ID and OD than the longer tubing that it is connected to, hence it uses an expander/reducer instead of just a regular connector. I read somewhere that the ID of one of the tubes is 2mm, but I don't know which tube that is -- the smaller or larger tube. Furthermore it is almost impossible to find anyone that sells a 2mm ID connector or expander/reducer or the "inches" equivalent.

Is it possible to ask the supplier of the part what the specs are on the expander/reducer provided? FYI: places like US Plastic have $100 min order so its not economical to buy a few that may fit to try out.

braintrix

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.