๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช ๐Ÿšš Adafruit will not be shipping USPS orders Monday October 14, 2019 ๐Ÿ—“. Expedited USPS orders placed after 11am ET ๐Ÿ•š Friday October 11 will go out Tuesday October 15 ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช๐Ÿšš

Rover using ev3dev for Mindstorms
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Rover using ev3dev for Mindstorms

by iatwalrus on Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:16 pm

I hope this is where I can get some assistance with this idea.

I am a teacher and I have my students creating lunar rovers using Lego Mindstorms EV3. We want to expand the EV3 by adding in the ev3dev Linux software so we can use Python to make the rovers remotely controlled via WiFi. Additionally, we would like to include a USB web cam so we can have an FPV view. In order to do so, I will need two USB ports and the EV3 only has one availabe. Would something like the USB 2.0 WiFi Hub with 3 USB Ports, PRODUCT ID: 2937, allow for the WiFi and Camera connection simultaneously? Another create used a Digitus DA70220 4 Port Hub to accomplish this but still required a USB WiFi adapter.

iatwalrus

Re: Rover using ev3dev for Mindstorms

by adafruit_support_mike on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:23 pm

If the EV3 works with a USB hub and Wifi adapter in general, it should work with pid 2937.

USB hub controllers usually have four output ports, and pid 2937 has a built-in Wifi adapter connected to one of them. The remaining three ports are exposed for connections to other devices, like a camera.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.