Identify JST connectors

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cat8

Identify JST connectors

Post by cat8 »

Hi,

total newb here, first time investigating JST connectors. I need to swap out the cat wiring on this IP camera from quite a bit of investigation all I can make it out is how close the pins are compared to pictures available i.e. 1mm ?? I need an experienced eye to guide me size and mode/ designation of these connectors if someone can. I actually only need the female end was even thinking after seeing some tutorials, of simply removing the existing one and crimping on the pin connectors, not even sure exactly what or which one etc. At the same time seems incredible small to handle even with magnifying glasses on and perhaps not worth the effort?

Any assistance much appreciated.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Identify JST connectors

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

For a more accurate estimate of the pin pitch, measure between the 1st and 8th pin and divide that distance by 7.

The JST site has catalogs and product documents with detailed photos and drawings of all their connector types. Given the pin pitch and appearance, you should be able to find a match:

http://www.jst.com/home2.html

The larger electronics suppliers like Mouser and DigiKey typically stock a good selection of connector types.

cat8

Re: Identify JST connectors

Post by cat8 »

Thank you, that should definitely help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”