Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

DesignSpark PCB layout tool
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

DesignSpark PCB layout tool

by hjohnson on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Anyone used this software before? http://designspark.com/pcb It requires registration on the designspark website, but other than some personal information, it's free, and seems to be around as fully-featured as EAGLE. I haven't gotten to play around with it a lot, so I don't know for sure, and was looking for any other input people might have.
hjohnson

Re: DesignSpark PCB layout tool

by textile on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Free with no limit (financed by RS components)

It ace!! I have changed over. It has everything you need to produce. I use it as a professional . I haven't used it to have board made but I will very soon.
GOOD SOLID PROGRAM.

Save file as .sch .brd (eagle format) , importing of Eagle files / libraries /ULP etc... nice easy learning curve. Very similar to eagle , not a lot of difference.
Some features are better than Eagle .
Don't worry about learning eagle this is the one for the future, both for the DIY/Hackers and the Professional.
Linux and Windows only at the mo' no Mac - please request for Mac even if you use dos :D
Its a lot better than paying the price CadSoft wants for Eagle or using the annoying limited board area.

"Thanks for the educational version CadSoft, I won't be needing it anymore!"
textile

Re: DesignSpark PCB layout tool

by hjohnson on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:07 am

Looks like it also works on the Macintosh through the Crossover program, or through WINE if you prefer to not use the front-end.
hjohnson

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.