Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Adafruit eyes project
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit eyes project

by Orendacl on Wed May 06, 2020 12:13 pm

I am wanting to build a pair of animated eyes for use (later I will package it...right now I will just desktop test it).
I am confused what part numbers I need to get this all going! I mean, distributors list various parts such as a bonnet display adapter, a rasberry PI, etc.
I am unclear if I need both or just the rasberry and my displays of course.

What I need simply from this forum is:
1. Part numbers of the components required to build a working prototype as they show on the adafruit site. I wish they just had a completw kit p/n (everything you need).

Thanks.

Orendacl

Re: Adafruit eyes project

by Disciple on Wed May 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Almost everything you need can be found in the Adafruit MONSTER M4SK. Just provide it with power, and it will make eyes at you out-of-the-box. The real fun comes from learning to program its processor, customizing the display and leveraging the included switches and sensors.

Hallelujah!
Disciple

Disciple

by Orendacl on Thu May 07, 2020 1:00 am

Close but not exactly what I am looking for.
I own a particluar automobile that I want to place a pair of "eyes" somewhere. Now, not giving away too much more I need to assemble the kit that allows me to place one eye in a location and the other its mirror image. The way to do this looks to be using the eyes and rasberry...who knows. I am.sure to figure it out. I just do not liek spending money on stuff only to discover what I boight is incompatoble or unnecessary etc.

Orendacl

by Disciple on Sat May 09, 2020 7:15 pm

I'm with you there, but I should mention that the Monster M4sk product can work with its two halves cut apart and a small cable to link them. They can be independently positioned up to 100mm apart, according to the product description. Some of the costume projects show it in use.

Hallelujah!
Disciple

Disciple

by Orendacl on Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:15 pm

So I was able to gwt the bill of materials sorted out. I have other issues now...
I guess I will post my technical problems next.

Orendacl

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.