Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Need a very small, triggered propeller setup.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Need a very small, triggered propeller setup.

by Condorman on Tue May 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Hello and thanks in advance for reading. I am completely new to this arena and I'm gonna need my hand held here so pardon my ignorance.

I am trying to design a very small agitated paintball loader and am looking for a motor or continuous rotation servo, a sensor, and a power source.

The propeller won't need to be very powerful as it's pushing a less than 100 balls.
The sensor can be sound activated, a lightweight micro switch (lightweight meaning easy to depress), or a visual/laser sensor. Maybe even proximity or vibration? I'm not sure.
It'd be best if it took a single 9v battery to power.

Sound activated would be great since it wouldn't need to detect the balls and potentially interfere with the feedneck, but it would also mean I'd need to control how long the propeller spins when it's triggered.

A microswitch inside the feedneck would be good because it'd be very small and somewhat more reliable (?), but I don't know where to get a switch that is light enough to depress when a ball falls past it.

A visual sensor would be good, but needs more material around it to support it.

Maybe even something like this to detect every shot?

I am essentially trying to miniaturize this, as this is 30 year old tech. Image

Condorman

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.