Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

BLE for dummies? Looking to build a BLE angle finder...
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

BLE for dummies? Looking to build a BLE angle finder...

by doublec4 on Fri May 29, 2020 11:40 am

Hi all,

I would like to create a project where I can monitor the angle/position of a boom arm over BLE.

I was thinking of using the Feather Sense board (since it has onboard accel/gyro) and attaching it to the arm. It would read the angle and over BLE transmit it to the another BLE feather board and display the angle on some sort of a readout.

I've done quite a few Arduino projects in the past so I am not a total beginner... but I have never tackled anything with bluetooth or wireless communication in general. I've read through some of the adafruit tutorials and understand that to do this, I would need to put one board in central and the other in peripheral ... and there are some github examples to do that... I'm sure I will be able to make my way through and achieve this but I really want to understand what it is that I'm doing and how it works. The adafruit tutorials are good, but to be honest I find that there are a lot of terms being thrown around as if I'm someone already familiar with BLE and the nordic platform. I also don't want to just stumble through code, replacing certain lines with my sensor inputs and calling it a day. I would like to really understand what I am doing.

Are there any other BLE or nrf52840 tutorials or guides for absolute beginners in the world of bluetooth communication? I had planned on using the Arduino IDE for my project.

Thank you all!

doublec4

Re: BLE for dummies? Looking to build a BLE angle finder...

by doublec4 on Fri May 29, 2020 9:42 pm

Somehow took me a while to find this... not sure why I didn't come across it earlier but...

https://learn.adafruit.com/introduction ... nergy/gatt

This is much more helpful so far! If anyone else has anything to contribute, please post!

doublec4

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.