Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Powerboost 1000C micro USB breakout?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Powerboost 1000C micro USB breakout?

by electro_peach on Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:06 am

Hi, I'm using the Powerboost 1000 Charger board.

My power boost board sits inside of a tight enclosure making the microUSB difficult to access when it's fully assembled. I want frequent, external access to that port, though I don't want to use some kind of off the shelf extender because they're bulky and my circuitry/system is tight. I considered designing it so that the board is flush with my case but given my layout it's just not ideal.

Is it possible to solder some cables to the pads, pull them to an external opening in my 3D case and solder them to another microUSB head?

If this is possible, I'd appreciate some advice on the nuances of this process.

Thank you!

electro_peach

Re: Powerboost 1000C micro USB breakout?

by dastels on Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:46 am

The USB pad (closest to the charge LEDs) is connected directly to the 5v pin on the microUSB connector. So you can wire an external USB connector to that (and ground). I usually use https://www.adafruit.com/product/1833.

Dave

dastels

by electro_peach on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:27 pm

dastels wrote:The USB pad (closest to the charge LEDs) is connected directly to the 5v pin on the microUSB connector. So you can wire an external USB connector to that (and ground). I usually use https://www.adafruit.com/product/1833.

Dave

Exactly what I need. I'll post back with results when it's ordered and assembled.

Thank you.

electro_peach

by dastels on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Awesome!

Dave

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.