Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

AM2320 using I2C_rev5 library
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

AM2320 using I2C_rev5 library

by robrlstn on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:24 pm

My AM2320 works using the wire commands and it works using the one wire protocol.

I moved the minimum basic code from the AM2320 library to a simple sketch to wake the sensor up and get the temperature data . The sensor works left on for many days. I'm looking at the data in the Arduino serial window although I did also hook it up to an Adafruit 4 digit backpack display.

BUT, I cannot figure out how to use a different I2C Library, the I2C_rev5. I have tried many ways to wake the sensor up and then send in the needed function code, what sensor register to start with, and how many bytes. Nothing works correctly. I cannot translate the functioning wire commands into I2C_rev5 commands.

I am using a Saleae logic probe to see what gets sent and what happens. I would prefer to use the I2C_rev5 library because that is what is being used by a Rheingold Heavy display and I want to use this sensor with all of the tutorial code, rather than convert all of his code to wire commands.

Has anyone successfully used this different I2C library?

robrlstn

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.