Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Out of focus camera
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Out of focus camera

by SmoknDavid on Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:34 pm

this was a purchase that is now becoming a "Project" , i purchased this Mini Bluetooth Speaker with hidden camera on ebay (image1.jpg), in testing out its functions
it came to my attention that it was out of focus (image2.jpg) contacted the vendor, they at first said, that in speaking with the manufacturer, that its an adjustable focus
and to just adjust the focus. as you can see in this photo(image3.jpg) there is no way to access the lens without disassembly, the vendor then rushed me another bluetooth
Speaker camera, which im very grateful, however, it too... is out of focus, (image5.jpg) at this point, no need to contact vendor, i am at my wits end,
so i ended up dissecting the unit, and found that the camera lens is actually superglued in position to not vibrate out of focus.... i think...
see image4.jpg ,
i am going to attempt to just replace the camera on this unit.. the only specs that are provided in the advertisement is.. the following in relationship to the
camera itself..

Aperture-free night vision 4K HD camera

Pixel: 500 Mega CMOS

and of course you can see the ribbon has that DCXYX-H1-T62M ......

im here on this forum to get some input on .. based on info im supplying , what replacement can i purchase here.. so i can have a functioning unit..that is in

focus.. .. here are a few more photos of the speaker semi disassembled, (image6.jpg, image7.jpg)

i also realize to replace this camera, dimensions of the width and height , would probably be helpful, lol, unless there is a "standard"

any postive input would be appreciated,

thank you
David
Attachments
images1_2_3_.jpg
images 1,2 and 3
images1_2_3_.jpg (176.75 KiB) Viewed 33 times
image4_5_6_7_.jpg
images 4,5,6 and 7
image4_5_6_7_.jpg (145.46 KiB) Viewed 33 times

SmoknDavid

Re: Out of focus camera

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:39 pm

Not familiar with that specific camera module. But most that I have seen use a thread-locking compound on the lens focusing threads. Although related to superglues, the thread locking compounds can usually be deactivated with heat. A few seconds with the tip of a hot soldering iron is usually enough to break things loose.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.