Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Lipo batteries in commercial products?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Lipo batteries in commercial products?

by Prostheta on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:19 am

Hi everyone - I hope you're all safe and looking out for each other.

I've designed a prototype product that I am planning on expanding into a commercially-available thing. I'm simultaneously excited and trepid to be in this position, mostly because making has gotten me into this place but also because there are a few critical boxes I have to tick which home gaming rarely gets to the point of. I'm hoping the community in general supports this aspect of making as much as it does the making itself :-)

What we're looking at is a simple USB-rechargeable BLE mesh device that can be controlled in private clouds and subgroups of arbitrarily small-to-large number by the end user via smartphone. My main concern is commercial implementation of compact PKCell type 3,7V Lipo packs. The game is different for makers as we take the responsibility for their use on our knowledge of the product's use, safe handling and hazards. A customer cannot, so due diligence and sense checking to responsibly develop a safe, reliable and environmentally-responsible product through its life cycle is a must. I'm not the first person to do this by a long way, so I am hoping that the use of Lipo in a commercial sense is now more of a known than speculative.

Anecdotal information, concerns, experience, legal requirements. All is good grist for the mill, and I am sure that as reference this thread should also help other product developers also. TIA

Prostheta

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.