Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Installing Linux on my Pendoo T95
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Installing Linux on my Pendoo T95

by Ultrahdr6 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:10 pm

I am new to single-board computers and plan on doing a bunch of RaspberryPi/Zero projects. I have a pendoo T95 with android 10 installed, well here is the spec list.
1. OS: Android 10.0
2. CPU: Allwinner H616 64-bit quad core ARM Cor- tex A53 CPU
3. GPU: G31 MP2 GPU processor
4. RAM: DDR 4GB
5. ROM:eMMC: 32GB
6. WiFi: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac ; 2.4G / 5G

Looking for any help at all with a way to uninstall Android 10, and install a version of Linux. Please any help would be greatly appreciated, a link to a form something anything.

Ultrahdr6

Re: Installing Linux on my Pendoo T95

by dherrada on Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:42 pm

Not trying to be rude at all, but https://www.google.com/search?q=installing+linux+on+android+phone&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS782US782&oq=installing+linux+on+android+phone&aqs=chrome..69i57.5695j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 would be a good place to start.

That being said, I have 3 friends who did this to their phones. All of them regretted it. Now, I'm sure there are many other people who are very happy with it, but that's just my anecdotal experience. Not discouraging you at all, because I think it's a cool thing do to, but you just need to do some research into what's supported, how hard the drivers are to install, and how easy reinstalling android is.

Also, Linux occasionally has issues with GPUs and Audio, especially with purpose-built machines like laptops (although that's gotten better for everything except Macs) and phones.

So essentially what I'm saying is do the research, see if you can find something you think can work, and then if you want to do it, then 100% go for it.

dherrada

Re: Installing Linux on my Pendoo T95

by Ultrahdr6 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:20 pm

Thanks, I have fallen into the world of SBC's, and electronics. Been learning to solder, and make basic circuits. Had this box laying around, and giving the specs, I said it would make a great Linux box. Thanks for the reply. Will do.

Ultrahdr6

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.