Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Exception: "UART Service* not published by the connected dev
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Exception: "UART Service* not published by the connected dev

by datguy_dev on Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Greetings,
Recently, I threw together a bluetooth remote using a Huzzah32 to control things on my Android phone. It is a long story, but I was curious if anyone was familiar with the following error:

Service 6e400001-b5a3-f393-e0a9-e50e24dcca9e, characteristic 6e400003-b5a3-f393-e0a9-e50e24dcca9e are not published by the connected device.

UART service UUID and Service issues. It just started happening as I'm about to finish the project; go figure. Which is strange because I haven't uploaded code to the board for awhile being it was working. Yet, the error states the issue is "the connected device." The error crashes the app. I tried to watch it and see if it happens when certain actions occur. But the error occurs so randomly instead.

I Googled this issue with slim results. I don't have a clue what I need to do on either side to correct this error. I am registering the UUIDs on a quick timer. Slowing it down doesn't help. Sorry I can't post the entire project.

datguy_dev

Re: Exception: "UART Service* not published by the connected

by datguy_dev on Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:20 pm

I would like to keep this open for an explanation. But I may have found a hint at a solution.

I'm now using two different timers, on different threads for registering and reconnecting instead of just one. (1 second and 4 second intervals.) Previously, those two functions were on the same thread because why would I need to register while disconnected? The error would occur when the ESP32 would connect... However, since the change to independent threads, it hasn't crashed in about a half hour or so...

datguy_dev

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.