Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Neopixel Stick too big
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Neopixel Stick too big

by Xaviorbat on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:22 pm

I have an odd question. I have 5 Neopixel stick of 8 LEDs. I'm tinkering with the Proton Pack produced by Spirit Halloween, trying to upgrade it's electronics, and I noticed the bar graph is a hair smaller than I expected. Specifically 3 LED's smaller. How much of a problem would it cause to nip off those last 3? I'm new to all this and learning but I learn better with specific projects to cause me problems lol

Xaviorbat

Re: Neopixel Stick too big

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:53 pm

Yes, it is possible to cut these. The fiberglass PCB is fairly tough. A fine-tooth hobby saw like the Xacto Razer saws works well.
You will want to cut the extra pixels from the output end of the stick so you can retain the solder pads for the input side.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Neopixel Stick too big

by Xaviorbat on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:55 pm

adafruit_support_bill wrote:Yes, it is possible to cut these. The fiberglass PCB is fairly tough. A fine-tooth hobby saw like the Xacto Razer saws works well.
You will want to cut the extra pixels from the output end of the stick so you can retain the solder pads for the input side.

Thanks! This makes everything muuuuuuch easier for me

Xaviorbat

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.