Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Video Looper
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Video Looper

by MattyMar on Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:48 am

Hi There-

I'm relatively new to the world of Pi. Trying to use Video Looper in an art exhibit type context, and basically have it working, but would like sound to come out of a USB DAC rather than either of the built in Pi 4 options. How might I do that? Also have a few other questions, but let's start there-

Thanks!

-Matt

MattyMar

Re: Video Looper

by dherrada on Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:23 pm

Plug in the USB DAC and it should recognize it. Then just set the output device to the USB DAC. S/PDIF audio is supported natively by just about everything, so I'd be surprised if it didn't work out of the box.

dherrada

by MattyMar on Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:22 pm

<I'd be surprised if it didn't work out of the box.>

Be surprised- it does not. Maybe something to do with the video player Looper uses? STARTX out of Video Looper to the PI desktop, change the audio device to the USB DAC, which shows up in the Sound menu correctly, Reboot the Pi into Looper - no sound.

???

thanks!

-Matt

MattyMar

by dherrada on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:44 am

Ok, so I think I may have figured out where to set that. If you're using OMXPlayer, which is the default, find the name of the device that you're outputting to, and put it as the second argument here. https://github.com/adafruit/pi_video_lo ... yer.py#L60

I'll get my pi setup with this and see if I can get it playing over my usb dac/amp as well.

dherrada

by dherrada on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:46 am

I'd start by replacing self._sound with 'both' and seeing if that works.

dherrada

by MattyMar on Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:11 pm

Thanks- This will be a challenge as I'm totally new to this, but it seems pretty straight forward.

MattyMar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.