Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

PRODUCT ID: 2341 Problem with Permanent usb Connection
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PRODUCT ID: 2341 Problem with Permanent usb Connection

by Spionak on Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:04 am

Hello,

I have a 2341FX sound board. So far it works very well but there is a problem that I cannot solve.

The board operates as follows.

- 5 volt supply to Vin and GND
- USB port with USB cable permanently connected to a home cloud.
- trigger the sounds via pins 0-4 to GND

I want to have a permanent connection to my cloud or PC and still be able to play the FX Sound without unplugging and restarting the FX Borad.

The board only starts properly if no USB cable or only one with a red and black cable is connected. it is easy to see that the red LED lights up for a moment. As soon as I plug in a USB cable with data function (white and green), I can no longer play the sounds, but it is possible to access the data in the FX board.

So either triggering or sending via USB is currently possible. neither is possible at the same time.

I want to be able to exchange the sounds online without disconnecting the FX Borad from the USB every time and not restarting every time.

is there a possibility here that the USB data connection can remain plugged in permanently?
maybe with a modification of the USB cable or additional diodes, resistors or capacitors?

Many thanks in advance
Attachments
2E8004B9-8E00-406F-A30A-C86686AF46BB.jpeg
2E8004B9-8E00-406F-A30A-C86686AF46BB.jpeg (132 KiB) Viewed 33 times

Spionak

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.