Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

PT100 RTD on a Seeeduino Lorawan w/ GPS
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PT100 RTD on a Seeeduino Lorawan w/ GPS

by Koubak on Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:25 am

Hi,

I would like to connect Adafruit PT100 thermosensors on Seeeduino Lorawan w/ GPS microcontrollers. Alternatively, I could use Arduino WAN 1310 boards. Adafruit seems to make great amplifier chips for PT100, but I am new to the microcontroller world and I am not sure I can connect those amplifiers to the Seeeduino or Arduino boards.

The Adafruit MAX31865 guide says:

SPI Logic pins:

All pins going into the breakout have level shifting circuitry to make them 3-5V logic level safe. Use whatever logic level is on Vin!

SCK - This is the SPI Clock pin, its an input to the chip
SDO - this is the Serial Data Out / Microcontroller In Sensor Out pin, for data sent from the MAX31865 to your processor
SDI - this is the Serial Data In / Microcontroller Out Sensor In pin, for data sent from your processor to the MAX31865
CS - this is the Chip Select pin, drop it low to start an SPI transaction. Its an input to the chip

Is that compatible with the boards I want to use? Else, are there converters I could use to interface both together? Lorawan is a must for me and I already have other sensors for the project so I cannot really use other microcontrollers now.

Koubak

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.