Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Raspberry Pi 4 came damaged
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Raspberry Pi 4 came damaged

by Icebrand on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:52 pm

Hello, I purchased a Raspberry Pi 4 8GB from this site. It was then shipped to me in a bubble mailer with no protection around the device. When I opened the package, the box was smashed and the pins were out of alignment. I attempted to reach out using Damaged part/item and was told to email support@adafruit.com. After bending the pins back and testing them as instructed by support@adafruit.com, I was then told via email to post here in order to get a replacement and/or return.
I tested the pins using a PoE Hat I also purchased from this site and a cooling fan, neither of the accessories worked on the Pi 4 8GB. I then tested the accessories on another raspberry pi 4 that came in protective packaging and they worked without issues.

Icebrand

Re: Raspberry Pi 4 came damaged

by franklin97355 on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:57 pm

A picture of the pi would be helpful to access the damage. Thanks.

franklin97355

by Icebrand on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:58 pm

Do you want a picture of the device with how it looks now after I pushed the pins back into alignment?

Icebrand

by Icebrand on Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:17 pm

Could you please confirm if you would like a picture of how the device is after testing? Also, would you like a picture of the box/packaging?
Thank you.

Icebrand

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.