Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

LoRa RFM96W Bonnet Pi Troubles
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

LoRa RFM96W Bonnet Pi Troubles

by mx201er on Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:04 am

Good Evening,

I recently purchased and received two "Adafruit LoRa Radio Bonnet RFM96W @ 433MHz - RadioFruit," which I'm running on two Raspberry Pi 4 Model B.
I am following the tutorial (https://learn.adafruit.com/lora-and-lor ... lora-radio) and everything seems to be going as expected, except neither bonnet receives the button press sent by the other.
It looks very straightforward, so I am not sure what the issue would be. Each of the displays continually refreshes '- Waiting for PKT -', and updates to 'Sent Button A!' when a button is pressed, but it never breaks into the 'else' part of the statement to display a packet, so apparently neither is receiving the other's transmission. I've tried with them from two feet to a couple inches apart, and I have about a four inch wire antenna soldered on as shown in the tutorial.

Has anybody run into something similar? These will all receive any transmissions within range, correct? There are no "keys" that need to match for it to receive a transmission?

Thanks,
Nick

mx201er

Re: LoRa RFM96W Bonnet Pi Troubles

by mx201er on Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:40 pm

Turned out to be a simple mistake. I overlooked that the 915.0 in the LoRa Configuration line rfm9x = adafruit_rfm9x.RFM9x(spi, CS, RESET, 915.0) is the radio frequency, and I am using 433MHz radios. Changed that to 433.0, and everything started working normally.

Hope my mistake helps somebody else!

mx201er

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.