Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Sound FX board
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Sound FX board

by lemiceterrieux on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:34 pm

Hello everybody ... from France.

I ordered the Sound FX sample player, it should come in a few days. I wanna use it with my (z scale) model railroad layout (not yet finished), to make automatically train announcements.
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (61.73 KiB) Viewed 36 times

My question : how many milli-Amperes does it need when it plays a "false" stereo Wav file with volume set to maximum, but only using left or right channel (the loudspeakers beneath each station) ? So I can see which power supply I should use ...

Thanks for all answers !

lemiceterrieux

Re: Sound FX board

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:33 pm

The FX Board itself uses about 40mA at all times. The amount of current when playing a sound depends on the impedance of the speakers you use.

If you have the FX Board with a built-in 2x2W amplifier, each channel will use about 700mA when connected to a 4-Ohm speaker, and about 500mA when connected to an 8-Ohm speaker.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Sound FX board

by lemiceterrieux on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:12 pm

Thanks for this answer ... Now I can buy the appropriate power supply without being afraid that my controller could crash when the board begins speaking !

lemiceterrieux

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.