Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Lipo false "charged"
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Lipo false "charged"

by snoreen on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:49 pm

I have a 3.7v 2200mAh Lithium ion battery and got the USB-C charger for it. Soldered it to charge at 500mAh- so I realize this charge should take a long time which is fine. But when the green light finally comes on and I attach my project to the charger nothing happens. However everything works fine if the charger is plugged into the wall.

It's weird- the charger will turn green indicating its done charging. But if I unplug it and plug it right back in the light goes back to red for a while. Did I get an incompatible battery? What could be going on here?

snoreen

Re: Lipo false "charged"

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:48 pm

The red LED coming back on could just be that it needs a little bit of time to actually make a determination about charge state. So with each power cycle, it defaults to "not charged" until it can monitor things for a bit and decide.

But when the green light finally comes on and I attach my project to the charger nothing happens.

What do you mean by "nothing happens"? What is the project and how are you attaching it to the charger?

adafruit_support_carter

by snoreen on Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:57 pm

I have 5v and ground connected to the charger (with battery) to a teensy running 30 apa102 LEDs.

The LEDs will light up when the charger is plugged into the wall. But once I unplug the battery charger combo from the wall the LEDs turn off.

snoreen

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:13 pm

The 5V pin is the power from the USB port, not the battery. The battery power is on the BAT pin.
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-mic ... rs/pinouts

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.