Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Raspberry PI Model B+ Features
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Raspberry PI Model B+ Features

by RexK on Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:09 am

I am not sure that this is the right topic, closest I could find!
I am in the market for a Raspberry PI to use on a project. I was looking at the Model B+. I do not think this model will do the job. I need WiFi, PL011 UART, and the Mini-UART (for a debug display during development. I will provide the necessary 3V to RS485 and RS232 level converters. I might also need BLUETOOTH. I plan to program in PYTHON and some of the code is heavy in computation. I am guessing that the heavy computation require .7 to .8 seconds. The Raspberry PI will be calculating two angles and sending to (2) stand alone PIC processes that run in parallel (via the RS485).
I read the online descriptions for the Model B+ and assumed by the omissions of the above features they are not present.
Could you recommend a unit that has all the above functions? Do you have a comparison table of all of your processors showing what features are available?

RexK

Re: Raspberry PI Model B+ Features

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:49 am

You're right that the RasPi B+ doesn't have built-in BLE capability. You'd need to use an external Bluetooth dongle for that.

The Pi3 and Pi4 have built-in BLE. Those are probably the ones you'll want.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.