Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Email about changed encryption key or similar?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Email about changed encryption key or similar?

by olam on Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:00 am

My adafruit stream stopped to work, and I believe it could be ude to the message i saw thi summer about a changed key or something for connecting to the feeds, but i cannot find it back by searching for emails from adafruit etc. Grateful for a link to the info, please.

olam

Re: Email about changed encryption key or similar?

by kevinjwalters on Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:40 am

I remember seeing Adafruit Blog: Adafruit IO UPDATE: SSL/TLS Certificate Updated dated 7-Jul-2020 which mentioned

We have updated the Adafruit IO SSL/TLS certificate.

If you are having issues connecting, please ensure you have the latest Adafruit IO Arduino library version by navigating to the Arduino Library Manager (from the Arduino IDE, navigate to: Sketch -> Include Library -> Manage Libraries):

The certificate is fingerprinted in that library and you will have issues connecting if that library is out of date. The current version with the latest fingerprint is 3.7.0.

There is also an example that was updated in the Adafruit MQTT Library, we’ve updated this library too.

If you are using an ATWINC1500 module, you’ll need to update the certificate built into the module. Please follow these instructions on this Learning System Guide for step-by-step instructions…

kevinjwalters

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.