Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

3x AAA battery holder
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

3x AAA battery holder

by murphymj on Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:01 pm

Hello. I am having an issue with the 3x AAA battery holder I received with my circuit express playground kits. I ordered two kits. Neither 3x AAA battery holder worked initially, then with some fiddling, one of them starter to work, but it seems sensitive to the positioning of the batteries and bumps. The other one I have had no luck with. I used a multimeter and confirmed that there is current by testing the negative contact at the point where the black wire connects and the positive contact where the red wire connects (~4.7 V). However, there is no current at the connector. I also checked that the connections weren't just reversed as someone else noticed.

Any suggestions?

My kids really enjoy working on the various projects. Thanks for the great tutorials!

Thanks!
Matthew

murphymj

Re: 3x AAA battery holder

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:12 pm

However, there is no current at the connector.

For this, do you mean there is no voltage here?
pins2.jpg
pins2.jpg (68.88 KiB) Viewed 23 times

Also, just be sure, make sure the ON/OFF switch on the battery case is ON.

adafruit_support_carter

by murphymj on Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:46 am

That's correct. I tested the voltage there with the switch on and off (in case there was an issue with the switch). I tested the voltage inside the holder, where the red and black wires connect inside. That tested at ~4.7 volts.

murphymj

by adafruit_support_carter on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:07 pm

OK, thanks for verifying. Seems like bad connection somewhere. Let's just replace it.

Send an email to support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a replacement battery pack (PID 727).

adafruit_support_carter

by murphymj on Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:10 pm

Thanks! That’s fantastic! I appreciate it and my son’s inchworm robot will. It be able to scuttle across the room on its own.

Matthew

murphymj

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.