Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Selecting a case enclosure for custom PCB
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Selecting a case enclosure for custom PCB

by rizla420 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:54 am

Hey

Are there any best practices/tips that you can recommend for getting a decent enclosure for custom PCB's I had fabbed. i got 4 holes drilled in them, but im assuming i wont find a mass produced enclosure that will happen to have the exact holes i need. PCB is exactly 4.1 x 1.86".

Do you have any sites you recommend for generic cases? Id like a small wall mount case. I found this site and was wondering whether anyone had experience with them. http://www.polycase.com/

What other hardware should I expect to use when mounting the pcb inside the case? Risers? Standoffs? hot glue?

rizla420

Re: Selecting a case enclosure for custom PCB

by franklin97355 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:26 pm

A lot of people do what you did and in my opinion it's backwards unless you have the time and money to make a custom case. First design the circuit, second find a case, third make the pcb.

franklin97355

Re: Selecting a case enclosure for custom PCB

by rizla420 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:43 pm

franklin97355 wrote:A lot of people do what you did and in my opinion it's backwards unless you have the time and money to make a custom case. First design the circuit, second find a case, third make the pcb.

And to think that i had 3 revisions made, only to now realize i need to make my pcb fit the case rather than finding one that fit my pcb.. learning costs $$..

rizla420

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.