Help with building/wiring a flex sensor circuit.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Help with building/wiring a flex sensor circuit.

by madeintaiwan on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:28 am

Hi All,

I've got couple flex sensors from the Sparkfun site and am trying to get them to operate with an Eobody 1. The issue I'm having is the Eobody unit works on a 0-5v range and what I'd like to do is get some advice on building the right circuit to deliver (as close as possible) the full 0-5v input? Is that possible?

Found that circuit, can someone tell me if Rm is the pot? I can't tell really from that diagram if the circuit on the left is without a pot and the circuit on the left is....?

http://itp.nyu.edu/physcomp/sensors/Reports/Flex

I've found this excerpt from a Flexpoint PDF and this is what I'm aiming at... But the bend resistance range is 60K to 110K on the Spectra Symbol Sensor so going by the document, a 110k resistor for Rg will provide me with the 0-5v range?

I guess the bit now is how to wire it so that Vref is -5 volts, as the supply voltage I have is 5v and 0v. If someone could shed some light on how to go about that that would help me figure out how to sort this circuit out.

I've attached an image of the circuit so far as well as a shareable Fritzing file to clarify where I sit.
Attachments
Bend_sensor_to_eobody.fzz.zip
(10.51 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
madeintaiwan

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.